Monday, March 19, 2012

Writing Narratives

We are learning to write narratives. To do this we have been looking at fairy tales and rewriting some of our favourite ones to make them a little bit more "kiwi". 

Sonny Bill-Locks and the Three kiwis


Once upon a time there were three kiwis; the mother kiwi, the father kiwi and the baby kiwi who lived in a house in the kauri forest. One morning the mother kiwi made baked beans for breakfast. When the three kiwis sat at the table to eat, they found that the baked beans was too hot. "Let's go for a walk to the stadium," the mother kiwi said. "The baked beans will be cool enough to eat when we return." So off they went.
Nearby, Sonny Bill-Locks was walking in the kauri forest. "I've been walking such a long time, and I'm tired and hungry," Sonny Bill-Locks said. Just then Sonny Bill-Locks saw the three kiwi's house. "Maybe there is something to eat in there," Sonny Bill-Locks said, and went inside.
Sonny Bill-Locks saw the food on the table, and decided to try it. First Sonny Bill-Locks tried the father kiwi's baked beans but it was too hot. Then Sonny Bill-Locks tried the mother kiwi's baked beans but it was too cold. But the baby kiwi's baked beans was just right, and Sonny Bill-Locks ate it all up.
"My goodness I'm sleepy," Sonny Bill-Locks said entering the bedroom. Sonny Bill-Locks sat on the father kiwi's bed, but it was too hard. Sonny Bill-Locks then sat on the mother kiwi's bed, but it was too soft. The baby kiwi's bed was just right, and Sonny Bill-Locks fell asleep there.
In a short while the three kiwis returned from the stadium. "Someone's been eating my baked beans!" said the father kiwi. "Someone's been eating my baked beans too!" said the mother kiwi." Someone's been eating my baked beans, and they at it all up!" cried the baby kiwi. They looked around the house to find who had done this. When they looked in the bedroom they saw Sonny Bill-Locks asleep on baby kiwi's bed. Just then Sonny Bill-Locks woke up, saw the three kiwis and screamed. The three kiwis tried to catch Sonny Bill-Locks, but Sonny Bill-Locks ran out of the kauri forest and all the way home.
The End.

1 comment:

  1. Wow - I love the 'Kiwi' connection ..... I wonder who Sonny Bill-Locks is?
    I can see you have been reading a range of fairy tales to be able to write a new version of the 'Three Little Pigs" narrative.
    I look forward to reading your narratives in your learning journals.

    ReplyDelete